1 cup Quinoa, dry
½ Onion, diced
1 clove of Garlic, minced
2 Bell Peppers, chopped
3 Carrots, shredded
2 cans Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained.
3 tbsp fresh Parsley
1/3 cup slivered Almonds
1 tbsp Bragg organic sprinkle 24 herb and spice blend
Salt and Pepper to taste
Juice from ½ of a lemon or 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup Olive oil
2 tbsp Avocado oil for sautéing
- Cook quinoa – combine 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes
- Sauté onion and garlic in avocado oil until translucent (about 3 minutes)
- Add in Peppers and sauté until tender (about 4 to 5 minutes)
- Add shredded carrot, Bragg herbs, salt, and pepper and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer sautéed vegetables to a large mixing bowl and combine it with the cooked quinoa, kidney beans, slivered almonds, lemon juice or ACV, olive oil, and fresh parsley. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
*This dish can be served cold or warm.