Purple Kale Salad
- 2 cups purple kale*, washed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, cut into half circles
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews (can be lightly toasted if desired)
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Yogurt dressing – enough to cover the kale
Trim the kale and tear into pieces suitable for a salad. Add the celery, red onion, and parsley. Mix well. Add the yogurt dressing and mix. Allow the salad to sit for an hour before eating to soften the kale. Chopped cashews can be added to make it more substantial and for extra grounding. Season to taste.
*Green Kale or Black Kale can also be used
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt – unsweetened (Cashew milk yogurt works great, too!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard powder
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over salad and enjoy!