- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 tbsp red or white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 square piece of extra firm tofu, ¾-inch thick
- 1 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 2 cups Kale
- 1 cup Carrots
Salsa: mix the pineapple, onion, cilantro, garlic, apple cider vinegar and cayenne (if using) together in a bowl. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Tofu: Brush the tofu with tamari or coconut aminos. and sprinkle with dill. Heat a small skillet and add the olive oil. Place the tofu in the skillet and cook on one side until golden and crisp. Flip over and cook the other side. Remove from the pan and serve with the pineapple salsa and steamed carrots and kale.
Steamed Vegetables: Place 2 cups kale and 1 cups carrots in a steamer (a colander resting in a pot with some water and a lid) and steam for 7 minutes. Add some olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper to taste and mix.