Pan-fried Tofu Chili Wrap
- 4oz or 112g extra firm tofu, cut into four strips about 1-inc wide and 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 whole grain or gluten-free wrap
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado, peeled
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf, torn into pieces
- 1/4 roasted red pepper (fresh red pepper can also be used.)
Mix the tofu, chili powder, garlic and lime juice together. Place the oil in a small skillet on medium heat and add the tofu. Pan fry on one side until it is crisp and golden. Flip over and pan-fry the other side. Add cilantro and season with sea salt and pepper. Set aside. Lay out a wrap. Spread the avocado over the center of the wrap. Add the tofu, red pepper and lettuce pieces. Fold the sides towards the center and then roll the wrap from the front to the back. Use two toothpicks to secure the wrap if necessary. Cut in half and serve.
Tip: Toothpicks can be used to hold the wrap together.