Maple Glazed Tofu
- 1 square piece of extra firm tofu, 3/4 inch thick
- 3/4 tbsp mustard such as whole grain, yellow or Dijon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Coconut oil or olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the maple syrup, mustard, apple cider vinegar and thyme in a small saucepan. Heat on medium-high and bring to a boil. Remove from the stove and let cool. Season the tofu with sea salt and pepper. Brush a baking dish with oil. Place some of the glaze in the bottom of the dish. Place the tofu on top and cover with the rest of the glaze. Cover the dish and place in the oven and bake 20-30 minutes. Serve.
Tip: Tofu can be baked instead of grilled if desired.