- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large carrot, washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried green lentils, rinsed and sprouted (if possible)
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup zucchini, cut into half slices
- 1/2 tbsp maca
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Place a large saucepan on the stovetop on medium heat. Add the oil and onions and lightly cook until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and curry. Stir. Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk, broth and lentils. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook until the lentils are soft. Add the zucchini and maca. Cook until it is heated through (1-2 minutes). Season with sea salt and pepper. Serve.
This will keep for several days in the refrigerator and can also be kept in the freezer, so extra can be saved for future meals.