- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (about 2 1/2 cups), chopped
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped (or red or yellow bell pepper)
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. lime rind
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, chopped
Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Season with sea salt and pepper (if using) to taste. Place in a jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
To make a more traditional cooked salsa, place all the ingredients except the sauerkraut in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and cook until vegetables are soft (about 10 minutes). Remove from the heat and let cool. Adjust seasoning to taste if needed. Add the sauerkraut and mix. Transfer to a jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.