3 20oz packages of peeled and chopped butternut squash
2 medium sweet potatoes
1/2 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
4 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
1 cup of water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp Earth Balance (optional)
hemp seeds for garnish
- Place all ingredients except Earth Balance into the Crockpot
- Cook low 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours
- Once cooked, add earth balance (optional) and use a hand blender to puree the soup. If you like your soup thick you may need to remove some of the liquid before blending depending on how much is left. You can always save it on the side and add in for desired consistency.
- Put desired amount into a soup bowl, garnish with hemp seeds, serve, and enjoy!
- Freeze leftover soup in individual serving containers to grab and go for a healthy lunch or dinner!