2 organic chicken breasts
1lb red skinned potatoes, quartered
5 carrots, cut in half width wise then again length wise
1 fennel bulb, sliced into ¼ inch strips
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
5 tbsp olive oil, divided
4 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary, divided
2 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Plus salt and pepper to taste for vegetables
- Place chicken breasts in a large zip lock bag.
- In a small bowl mix 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp rosemary, 2 tbsp thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well and pour mixture over chicken making sure to coat each piece.
- Place in refrigerator for 4 hours or over night.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Coat a large baking dish with ½ tbsp olive oil.
- Place the chicken breasts in the center of the dish and place any leftover marinade on top the chicken.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, carrots, and fennel.
- In a small bowl combine the last 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well then pour over potatoes and vegetables stirring to coating evenly.
- Pour potatoes and vegetables into the baking dish surrounding the chicken.
- Bake for 35-40 min. or until juices run clear and meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.